miércoles, 18 de noviembre de 2015

My Favourite Musical

Hello! today I'm gonna to talk about my favourite musical!

My favourite musical is the British-American film Across The Universe, by the director Julie Taymor, released in September, 2007.


I like the film because all the soundtrack is Beatles' music but covered by the actors. Some of them sing, some of them not.

The names of the six main characters are inspired by Beatles songs and lyrics. They are:


  • Evan Rachel Wood as Lucy (Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds)
  • Jim Sturgess as Jude (Hey Jude)
  • Joe Anderson as Max (Maxwell's Silver Hammer)
  •  Dana Fuchs as Sadie (Sexy Sadie)
  • Martin Luther McCoy as Jojo (Get Back)
  • T. V. Carpio as Prudence (Dear Prudence)
Also Bono, the singer of U2, appears in one scene in Dr. Robert (which is the name of a song of The Beatles).

The romantic musical is set in 1960 decade, in the period of the Cold War between USA and Rusia, when the Vietnam War was happening, and was the 'explosion' of riots against war, rock'n'roll and Psychedelia. The story turns around Institutes and Universities in Massachusetts, Princeton and Ohio, and it moves from Liverpool to the creative Psychedelia of Greenwich Village in New York; from riot in Detroit's streets to the death fields in Vietnam.

I like it because I'm a huge fan of The Beatles, so as you can imagine, everything related to Beatles is awesome for me. And also because I think that the new versions of the song are amazing, the arrangements are just amazing and the singers (which are the actors too) have a very good technique.

See you!









No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario